Composting is a process that progresses in stages and at each stage, certain types of microbes enter the pile and work their magic on it.
- Ask, before selecting an OWC system
- Is it “nutritious Compost” or “Burnt Carbon”?
- What amount of power consumed?
- How much Carbon-di-oxide emitted?
- What is the cost of production per Kg?
The decomposition of organic matter results in Humus/Compost. Composting needs to become the mantra for everyone. The kitchen waste needs to be kept away from mixing in to garbage.
Current practice of dumping everything in to landfills needs to stop, landfills generate Methane which is 23 times more harmful than CO2.